- Johnny Loco Bicycles BV, hereinafter referred to as Johnny Loco, guarantees that Johnny Loco bicycles and accompanying accessories are free from construction and/or material defects, insofar as this follows from these warranty provisions.
- If during the warranty period, as stated in article 2, the product proves to be defective due to defects in material or design, Johnny Loco or your Johnny Loco dealer within the warranty area will replace these parts with new or refurbished products or parts. All replaced parts and products become the property of Johnny Loco.
- Warranty is only granted within the warranty period provided the original invoice or receipt can be submitted. It should state: date of purchase, model name, frame number and, if applicable, dealer. Johnny Loco or its dealers may decline warranty if these documents cannot be presented or if they are incomplete or illegible. The warranty lapses if the frame number has been changed, deleted, removed or made illegible.
- When a product is purchased at the Johnny Loco dealer, you as a consumer enter into an agreement with the Johnny Loco dealer. The Johnny Loco dealer is therefore your first point of contact regarding warranty. When a product is purchased directly from Johnny Loco, Johnny Loco is your first point of contact regarding warranty.
- Warranty can only be invoked by the first owner of the Johnny Loco product and is not transferable.
- The guarantee lapses in accordance with the provisions of Articles 3.1 and 3.2. Restrictive provisions apply as stated in Article 2 for batteries and electronic parts.
- The guarantee provided by Johnny Loco on the basis of these conditions does not affect the possibility to appeal to the seller on the basis of ordinary legal provisions of the Civil Code.
2. Warranty period
- You can only make a warranty claim, if you can provide the original proof of purchase. The warranty commences at the time of purchase.
- Johnny Loco frames are guaranteed for 60 months against construction and/or material defects.
- A 12 month warranty applies to paint on the frame, fork and rims.
- A warranty period of 12 months applies to discoloration of parts and paint.
- A warranty period of 24 months applies to electrical parts such as the motor, the controller, the sensor, the charger and the display.
- A warranty period of 24 months applies to suspension and fixed front forks and all other parts. This with the exception of the parts referred to in Article 2.7.
- No warranty is given on parts that are subject to wear and tear, such as tires, chain, chainrings, freewheel rear sprockets, cables and brake pads, unless there are construction and/or material defects.
- For other parts, if properly maintained, a warranty of 24 months applies. These parts and way of maintenance are described in Article 3, warranty exclusions.
- The Shimano Steps system has a warranty period of 24 months. Within the warranty period, Shimano guarantees a residual battery capacity of the Lithium-ion battery for the e-bike of 80% after 500 charging cycles and 60% after 1000 charging cycles. Batteries found to be defective by a Johnny Loco or Johnny Loco dealer within the warranty period will be replaced free of charge by Johnny Loco or your Johnny Loco dealer.
- Normal wear/decrease in battery capacity is not covered by the warranty. Batteries lose capacity over time. Lithium-ion batteries also lose capacity when not in use. When batteries are not charged in time, deep discharge can occur. Depth discharge is not covered by warranty. When the e-bike is not to be used for a long time, take the following precautions:
- Store the battery in a cool place with a stable temperature of about 10 to 20 °C.
- Keep the battery away from sun or rain.
- Charge the battery about 70% before you store it.
- Recharge the battery to approximately 70% every six months.
- Fully charge the battery as soon as you start using it again.
3. Warranty exclusions
- The warranty lapses in the following cases:
- The Johnny Loco bicycle has not demonstrably been serviced (with invoice / receipt) after 10-12 weeks or 100 km after delivery.
- The Johnny Loco bicycle has not been demonstrably serviced annually (with invoice / receipt) after the first inspection has been carried out.
- If the defects are the result of incorrect assembly, that is to say assembly that deviates from the enclosed assembly instruction, which can also be found on the website.
- Incorrect and/or careless use of the Johnny Loco bicycle which is not in accordance with the destination, including: Driving up and down curbs with a full load, driving against curbs and/or riding a three wheel cargo bike on two wheels.
- Technical repairs have not been carried out professionally.
- Parts that have been retrofitted do not correspond to the technical specifications of the bicycle concerned or have been fitted incorrectly.
- When proof of ownership is not present.
- In the case of a cargo bike where the load of the box is higher than the maximum load weight of 80 kg.
- When loading the saddle with more than 100 kg.
- When the luggage carrier is loaded with more than 25 kg or, if different, the weight indicated on the luggage carrier.
- In case of damage, resulting from an accident or other external calamity.
- Furthermore, liability is expressly excluded from Johnny Loco for damage to (parts of) the Johnny Loco bicycle as a result of:
- Incorrect adjustment/tension of the handlebar, stem, saddle, seat post, derailleur set, brakes, gears and/or loosening of parts, readjustment of wheels and spokes during use, as well as spoke breakage.
- No timely replacement of parts such as brake/derailleur cables, brake pads, tires, chain and sprockets.
- Climatic influences such as normal weathering of paint or chrome rust.
- Climatic influences such as paint discoloration.
- Bicycles used for rental purposes.
4. Warranty parts and labor expenses
- During the warranty period, all parts of which have been determined by Johnny Loco to have a construction and/or material fault will be repaired or reimbursed at Johnny Loco's expense. Any costs of (dis)assembly are at the expense of the owner.
- Costs of transporting parts to and from Johnny Loco will be borne by the owner, unless the part concerned is eligible for warranty.
- When a certain part is eligible for warranty and the original is no longer available, Johnny Loco provides a minimal equivalent alternative.
5. Warranty claim through dealer
- If the owner has moved or the dealer is no longer available, Johnny Loco will provide the nearest Johnny Loco dealer upon request.
- The warranty on your purchase is provided by the seller, your Johnny Loco dealer. Any guarantees can be given, for example, by moving by another Johnny Loco dealer. The relevant dealer can charge labor and/or administrative costs. These costs cannot be recovered from Johnny Loco or a Johnny Loco dealer.
- The warranty does not cover any transportation costs or risks associated with the transportation of your product to and from Johnny Loco or your Johnny Loco dealer.
6. Warranty claim through Johnny Loco
- If you made your purchase directly with Johnny Loco, warranty is provided by Johnny Loco.
- Claims for warranty must be submitted to Johnny Loco by email, quoting the order number, a photo of the relevant part and, if applicable, the frame number. In this way Johnny Loco can assess whether it is a warranty case.
- Johnny Loco will acknowledge or reject the claim within a reasonable period of time. If it is not reasonably possible to assess the defect without viewing the Johnny Loco product in person, a suitable solution will be sought in consultation with the owner.
- Before sending a replacement product, Johnny Loco can demand that the product in question is first sent to Johnny Loco for assessment. Based on this assessment, Johnny Loco may decide that the product is not covered under warranty or send a replacement product.
- Costs of transporting the Johnny Loco product to and from Johnny Loco will be borne by the owner, unless the part in question is eligible for warranty.
- The warranty does not cover any transportation costs or risks associated with the transportation of your product to and from Johnny Loco.
- A warranty claim accepted by Johnny Loco does not automatically mean that Johnny Loco also accepts liability for any damage suffered. Johnny Loco's liability never extends beyond what is described in these warranty conditions and/or the applicable Johnny Loco general terms and conditions. Any liability of Johnny Loco for consequential damage is expressly excluded. The provisions do not apply if and insofar as such is the result of a provision of mandatory law.
7. Limitations and Exclusions
- Except as noted above, Johnny Loco makes no guarantees (neither express, implied, actual, or any other) as to the quality, performance, accuracy, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose, or any other capacity of the product or what is part of it. If this exclusion is not or not fully permitted by applicable law, the exclusion or limitation of Johnny Loco's warranty applies only to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. Any warranty which cannot be completely excluded is (to the extent permitted by applicable law) limited to the duration of this warranty. This warranty obliges Johnny Loco to repair or replace the products covered by the terms of this warranty only. Johnny Loco is not responsible for any loss or damage related to products, service, this warranty, or other, including – economic or tangible losses – the price which was paid for the product – loss of earnings or income, loss of data, enjoyment of the product or other related products – indirect, secondary or consequential damage or loss. This applies regardless of whether this damage or loss is related to defective or malfunctioning of the product or related products due to defects or the product being unavailable while it is at Johnny Loco or a Johnny Loco dealer leading to downtime loss of operating time or work interruption. This applies to loss and compensation under any legal interpretation, including negligence and other wrongful acts, breach of contract, warranty either express or implied, and civil liability (even if Johnny Loco or a Johnny Loco dealer has been notified of the possibility of such damages). If applicable law prohibits or limits such exclusions of liability, Johnny Loco excludes or limits its liability to only the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. For example, in certain countries it is prohibited to exclude or limit damages for negligence, gross negligence, willful misconduct, deception and similar acts. Under no circumstances will Johnny Loco's liability under this warranty exceed the price paid for the product, but if applicable law allows only higher liability limitations, the higher limitations apply.